The Brunton pocket transit has been the geologist’s most trusted tool since 1896, combining the principles of the surveyor’s compass, prismatic compass, clinometer, hand level, and plumb.
The NEW Brunton Standard Transit retains full functionality of a classic Brunton, but offers the best low-angle strike and dip measurements, enhanced durability, and a sleek new design. New improvements include a flat bottom with a non-slip foot that allows for low angle strike and dip measurements, a nearly indestructible CNC machined aluminum body with hard-anodized finish and an updated needle with a NeFeB Disk Magnet improving shock resistance.
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3″ | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
- Weight: 6.9oz | 195g
- Azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- Internal Clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- Percent Grade: 5% graduations
- Declination Adjustment: +/-180˚
- The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
- Designed with durability in mind, the Standard Transit is CNC machined from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists scratches that will keep this transit looking brand new for years to come.
- The updated needle with a NeFeB disk magnet improves shock resistance and resists demagnetization over time.
- Open your beverage at the end of a long field day with an unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
- The induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note: Brunton Transits are NOT designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
- The mirror has a transparent sight for shooting accurate bearings within 1/2˚.
- Short and long sights provide additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- A protective leather case is included and the belt attachment makes it easy to carry your Brunton Transit in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.