New Breithaupt Universal Pocket Transit. Stratum measurements can be taken according to the method of Prof. Cr. Clar, (two-circle compass, azimuth of dip and angle of dip of plains or linear features can be determined in one single operation), or can also be taken according to the conventional mode (strike and dip). It is also possible to use the Breithaupt Universal Pocket Transit to take topographical measurement following the Brunton method of strike and dip.
- Measurement and reading of azimuth of dip and angle of dip in one single operation (according to Clar method)
- Also conventional strike and dip measurements and topographical measurements of strike and dip can be taken
- Vertical circle (hinge clinometer) visible from above, the azimuth of dip and angle of dip can be read at a glance.
- Vertical inclinometer with 1° graduations, visible from side and above
- Dip measuring range 270° graduated in 1°
- Brunton style spirit level clinometer +/- 90°, 1° graduations
- Azimuth circle with 1° graduations
- Declination adjustable +/- 60°
- Automatic arresting compass needle when needle is not in use
- Inside the housing adjustable level controlled clinometer
- Waterproof high quality one-piece housing made of light metal
- Mirror and innovative integrated diopter for observing needle and clinometer during sighting process
- Inclination adjustable
- Declination adjustment + / – 60 deg.
- Circular spirit level
- Made in Germany. Shipping weight 2 lb.
- Cordua case included
- Horizontal Circle: 360°, 1° interval, 48mm dia.
- Vertical Circle: 270°, 2° interval, 27mm dia.
- Inclinometer with Level: 180°, 1° interval, 40mm dia.
- Dimensions Closed: 3.6″ (93mm) x 2.8″ (72mm) x 1.08″ (27.5 mm)
- Weight: 3/4 lbs (330 g)
Breithaupt Kassel was founded in 1762 in Germany and has been headed under the Breithaupt family name for 8 generations. This long span within the business has resulted in Breithaupt Kassel developing many exemplary achievements which have since become industry standards in the fields of mining, surveying, forestry and geology. Within the company, an operation and code of ethics results in strict production inspections after each manufacturing operation guarantee a consistently high standard of quality in accordance with international regulations. Ensuring that you will receive only the best instrument, nothing less. Within this section you will be able to view a moderate range of Breithaupt Kassel which we offer, most suitable for geological and surveying use, but have uses outside of these industries as well.