***ASK ABOUT OUR EDUCATIONAL DISCOUNT ON ALL BRUNTON TRANSITS***
The Axis was designed by geologists for geologists to enable easier, more intuitive geological measurements. It features a revolutionary twist on traditional pocket transits! The Axis can measure EVERY ANGLE, EVERY DIRECTION.
- Innovative dual-axis, hollow hinge allows for efficient, accurate measurements of planes, lines, bearings, and inclinations.
- Only one measurement configuration is needed for each measurement type.
- Compass North is oriented parallel to the main hinge which rotates 360°, making the Axis the only transit that can measure strike and dip simultaneously, on any surface!
- The novel lid protractor and 360° rotation around minor axis make the Axis the only transit that can simultaneously measure trend and plunge, even on overhanging surfaces!
- The hollow sighting tube through the hinge eliminates the need for a mirror and sighting arm.
- Adjustable needle locking mechanism
- Hard anodized aluminum billet body
- Vial levels on each side for easier leveling
- Round level on compass face
- Magnetic declination adjustment for east or west
- O-rings for waterproof protection of compass internals
- Manufactured by Brunton in Riverton, WY
- Limited lifetime warranty through Brunton
- Dimensions (closed):92″ x 2.78″ x 1.18″
- Weight:5 oz
- Compass Bearing Accuracy:+/- 0.5° with 1° graduations
- Inclinometer Accuracy:+/- 0.5° with 1° graduations
- Dip Angle Accuracy:+/- 1° with 2° graduations
- Plunge Angle Accuracy:+/- 0.5° with 1° graduations
- Compass Needle Magnetism:NdFeB rare earth magnet on sapphire jewel suspension, with induction damping for quick stabilization