SPECIAL PRICING AVAILABLE FOR ORDERS PLACED OVER THE PHONE. CALL NOW FOR A DISCOUNT!!
***FREE SHIPPING ON ALL BRUNTON TRANSITS WHEN PURCHASED AS FULL PRICE***
A twist on the traditional transit. The Axis Transit can take simultaneous measurements of strike & dip, dip & dip azimuth and trend & plunge, making data collection easier and faster than ever.
Designed by geologists for geologists, this unique instrument allows measurements and data to be collected much more efficiently than with traditional transits. The patented design of this transit makes difficult field measurements extremely easy and it allows for multiple measurements to be gathered at once. The needle can be set to lock automatically ensuring accurate readings when the face of the instrument is not visible.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring and the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, hand-built, and sold across the world via our factory and global headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
- Innovative dual-axis, hollow hinge allows for efficient, accurate measurements of planes, lines, bearings, and inclinations.
- Only one measurement configuration is needed for each measurement type.
- Compass North is oriented parallel to the main hinge which rotates 360°, making the Axis the only transit that can measure strike and dip simultaneously, on any surface!
- The novel lid protractor and 360° rotation around minor axis make the Axis the only transit that can simultaneously measure trend and plunge, even on overhanging surfaces!
- The hollow sighting tube through the hinge eliminates the need for a mirror and sighting arm.
- Adjustable needle locking mechanism
- Hard anodized aluminum billet body
- Vial levels on each side for easier leveling
- Round level on compass face
- Magnetic declination adjustment for east or west
- O-rings for waterproof protection of compass internals
- Manufactured by Brunton in Riverton, WY
- Limited lifetime warranty through Brunton
- Dimensions (closed):92″ x 2.78″ x 1.18″
- Weight:5 oz
- Compass Bearing Accuracy:+/- 0.5° with 1° graduations
- Inclinometer Accuracy:+/- 0.5° with 1° graduations
- Dip Angle Accuracy:+/- 1° with 2° graduations
- Plunge Angle Accuracy:+/- 0.5° with 1° graduations
- Compass Needle Magnetism:NdFeB rare earth magnet on sapphire jewel suspension, with induction damping for quick stabilization
Adrianne Stinson –
Great transit Brunton! Couldn’t be happier with my purchase! The Axis is light years ahead of the Compro (the plastic one) and makes measurements at least 4 times as fast. It works differently than all of the other Bruntons I’ve used and honestly I’ll never go back! You can take two measurements at the same time like trend/plunge and strike/dip and it has radically cut down my ‘on outcrop’ time in the field. Innovative and long overdue in functionality, bravo!!
Jeff Rangell –
The Axis is a great transit and a significant step up from Brunton’s other transits! It is well made, takes care of all standard geologic measurements quickly and has an interesting 2 axis hinge that sets it apart from the other transits that I’ve used. Highly recommended if you spend lots of time in the field or want to use the transit of the future!