The AMS Regular Auger has a 5/8″ thread and is ideal for sandy or clay loams. Auger down to a depth of five feet in just two minutes – even in the hardest soils!
- Carbon Steel Bit for regular sampling applications.
- Traditional thread-on features 5/8”-11 NC threaded pin coupling.
- Stainless steel cylinders, 6-7” long. Overall auger length is approximately 12-17”
- Heat-treated, high-steel bits with tungsten carbide hard-surfaced edges
- This system of augers, cross handles, and extensions use threaded joints to form solid connections between linked items.
The AMS regular auger is used to obtain disturbed soil samples in most soil types at or near the surface and for gaining access to sampling points where soil samples may be obtained with a separate soil sampler. The bits of the regular soil auger are open to allow entry of small soil clumps and relatively small rocks and particles.
Please make sure any AMS samplers, extensions and/or handles you intend to use together share a common connection type. Click here for information on the AMS connection types.