Pore Water Extraction System
The ASC Model SQ-600 Sediment Pore Water Extraction System is designed for high-pressure extraction of pore water from marine and lacustrine sediments. The extraction system is placed in a hydraulic press and is used to squeeze a small volume of wet sediment allowing the pore fluid to be drawn off into a syringe for subsequent chemical analysis. The unit is constructed so that the only metallic surfaces in contact with sample are titanium. The base of the squeezing chamber incorporates a titanium screen which supports a filter paper through which the pore water passes before collection in a syringe.
To place an order or for more information on this product please fill out the form below.
- Heavy wall seamless titanium squeezing chamber
- 416 alloy stainless steel piston
- Teflon & neoprene seals
- Sediment sample volume up to 600 cc
- pore water exit hole is tapered (Luer taper) to fit standard plastic syringes
- Spare neoprene disk and titanium screen provided with eachunit
- Squeezer dimensions 10-1/4″ high x 4-3/8 wide
- Total dimensions 36″ high x 23″ wide x 8″ deep