This precision measurement system combines the a high resolution single axis fluxgate probe, mounted onto a non-magnetic theodolite, and it’s associated magnetometer. This enables the accurate measurement of the Earth’s magnetic field declination and inclination in magnetic observatories or in the field.
The system comprises a single axis fluxgate magnetometer (Mag-01H), a fluxgate probe (Mag A Probe), and a WILD T1 6″ steel-free theodolite. A steel-free tripod is available for mobile surveys. The Mag A Probe offsets are electronically adjusted to ensure the highest accuracy during the declination and inclination observations (using the null-method), with the angular values easily estimated to 2 seconds on the Wild T1.
- Absolute measurement of Declination and Inclination in magnetic observatories for correction of variometer’s baseline.
- Declination and inclination mapping for in directional drilling operation or cartography.
- Reference tool in calibration of rangefinders or compass roses.
- High accuracy due to the use of a 6 arc second-precision theodolite, combined with a magnetometer providing 0.1nT resolution.
- Electronic adjustment of offset.
- Non-magnetic theodolite.
- Long term stability.
- Battery powered.